Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Operation Christmas Child -Collection Week!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Well -we made it! Matt and I survived our first Collection Week as the new Local Collection coordinator team here in Miramichi! We were practically living at the church last week receiving boxes from the surrounding community. It was a great time getting to meet people from the different churches in the area, as well as people from different schools and other organizations who got involved.

A teacher in one of the middle schools got excited about the program just last week. She sent notices home and had the students bring in different items that could be packed into a shoebox. In just 2 days, the students had collected over 3000 items to donate! This was just one of the many stories that we heard throughout the week.

Our total was a new record for this little town of Miramichi, New Brunswick. We sent 1672 shoeboxes to the near by processing center today! Praise the Lord!




Our small group was a HUGE blessing last week -they came in one night and packed over 400 boxes. Then on Saturday they helped us to get all of the cartons up onto the stage for our Dedication service on Sunday night and then helped to pack everything up and get ready to go after the service! We are blessed with such great friends who are so supportive!





More pictures to follow soon....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad everything went well, Steph! Thanks for the update. Love ya!
Ange

P.S. I can't leave a comment while signed into my blogger account! Weird!

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

WOW Steph,
I am amazed..1672 boxes. I shouldn't be thought. I seen how much work you were putting into it. I will send you more pics from our Small group night of packing:)

Congratulations!!!

Christiane said...

Wow...Way to go Steph and Matt :) I'm sure your Father is just a touch proud! Can't wait to see you at Christmas...maybe I'll finally be able to meet Matt this time!:S

Love you and see you in about 1 month!
Christiane
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,
I got your e-mail there a week or so ago - thanks! Wow - you really have been busy -I'm impressed. I know you said you wouldn't likely be able to make it down until closer to Christmas but if that changes call anytime and we're up for a breakfast date! Are you really busy subbing? I check your blog regularily so keep on a bloggin'!! Love ya Shauna

Anonymous said...

Great work Steph!!! It's sad to say, but I almost can't believe the school was allowed to participate, wonderful though!

Glad things are going well, Merry early Christmas:).

Anonymous said...

Great work Steph!!! It's sad to say, but I almost can't believe the school was allowed to participate, wonderful though!

Glad things are going well, Merry early Chritmas:).

Christine